At CG Fry & Son, an award-winning family owned business, we pride ourselves on our reputation for quality & excellence, building homes & communities within the South West for over 80 years.
This exciting opportunity will suit a motivated and forward-thinking individual who perhaps is at the start of their career, having obtained a relevant BTEC HNC or Degree level qualification, or someone who can demonstrate some all-round experience and knowledge of the construction sector.
Whatever your level of knowledge and experience, you will work within a team of experienced development surveyors, carrying out a range of QS duties with the aim of progressing to eventually running your own sites. We very much believe in learning about the job, on the job, and you will be supported to gain confidence, skills, work experience and further qualifications if required.
As a Trainee/Assistant Development Quantity Surveyor, you’ll have a wide range of duties including:
• Developing build cost budgets for new sites, and monitoring/reporting actual costs against the budget.
• Preparing bricklayers prices
• Carrying out sub-contractor tender comparisons.
• Measuring quantities to check sub-contractor prices against pre-agreed schedule of rates.
• Compiling material take-offs from plans.
• Assisting with compilation of tenders.
• Assisting in the preparation of monthly forecasts / cashflows
• Record keeping and documentation associated with sub-contracts
We like to think we look after our people just as much as we look after our clients. On top of a competitive salary (depending on qualifications and experience) and pension, you’ll benefit from 25 days a year holiday (plus bank holidays) and discretionary bonus scheme. You will initially be based at our Litton Cheney head office but will have the opportunity for hybrid working once you have ‘learnt the ropes’.
So, are you motivated to learn and excited about the prospect of being part of an award-winning team, who pride themselves on their reputation for quality and excellence?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please contact: Mike Dear, Commercial Director
Telephone: 01308 805103 / 07967 095930